Re: About Jenkins in Debian

Am 11.01.2016 um 16:04 schrieb Emmanuel Bourg:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm pondering what we should do about Jenkins in Debian.

[...]

> 2. Package a subset of Jenkins.
>    We could keep only the jenkins-cli and jenkins-slave package as they
>    provide a real added value over the upstream .deb package. This
>    subset should be easier to maintain.
>
> 3. Remove Jenkins completely.
>
> What do you think?

Hi,

I am in favor of removing Jenkins completely because of the reasons you
have already mentioned. It just doesn't fit into Debian's release cycle
and it requires way to much effort to keep it in shape unless there
would be someone who wants to work full-time on it. I presume
jenkins-cli and jenkins-slave would be affected by the same short three
month support release cycle. Thus I'm not sure whether it's worth to
keep them, except they are dependencies for other packages or are better
supported upstream. Otherwise I would do a clean cut here.

Regards,

Markus