Re: plans for eclipse luna in debian

Am 07.01.2016 um 15:30 schrieb Luca Vercelli:
[...]
> Dear Markus,
> I'm sorry for the misunderstanding. In the previous email I just meant
> to share the "get-orig-source" script, that allows to download sources,
> and not a full debian package.
> If you want, I can provide a full package for Tycho, that correctly
> builds an (empty!) tycho-xxx.deb package.
> This package would be empty because it cannot be built without the
> required bundles from Eclipse.

Hi,

Fedora somehow manages to build Tycho from source and I am sure we can
do the same. They use three source files. [1] The resulting package
shouldn't be empty. If your package requires bundles from Eclipse then
they should be either packaged separately or used as the original
sources for Tycho. It seems Fedora did the latter. That means you can
create one orig-source tarball that combines all necessary sources.  The
mission is simple: Package Tycho and create a working Debian package. It
must not be empty. If you can do that, that would be helpful, even more
so if you intend to maintain the package in the future.

Regards,

Markus

[1] http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/rpms/tycho.git/tree/sources