Working with JavaFX

I want to start writing desktop applications. I have done some (but not much) Swing and Qt in the past, but as I understand it I should use JavaFX nowadays. How should I install JavaFX? I am using Java 7, because I do not want to use unstable packages without a reason and at the moment I think Java 7 is good enough. (At my work I need to use Java 6.) I understood that JavaFX should be installed with Java, bit it is not.

--
Cecil Westerhof