Re: Adding maven artifacts to library package

Hi,

Am 31.10.2015 um 22:13 schrieb Felix Natter:
> hello,
>
> I am working on the insubstantial (flamingo/substance/trident) package
> for Debian:
>   https://github.com/fnatter/insubstantial-debian
>
> Is there a "role model" package for publishing maven artifacts?
>
> Shall I generate the POMs from the (gradle) build system or
> shall I adapt the poms from maven.org [1]? How does it need to be
> adapted for /usr/share/maven-repo?
>
> [1] see for example:
>   http://search.maven.org/#artifactdetails|com.github.insubstantial|flamingo|7.3|jar
>
> Thanks and Best Regards,

The gradle source package itself generates the pom files like this:

https://sources.debian.net/src/gradle/2.7-1/debian/generate-pom.gradle

and installs all poms for instance with

https://sources.debian.net/src/gradle/2.7-1/debian/libgradle-core-java.poms

You need a build-dependency on maven-repo-helper and add --with
maven_repo_helper to dh. That's it. You can also grab the poms from
maven.org and put them into a subdirectory like debian/poms. Just change
the path in your *.poms file accordingly.

There is no real "role model" package but you can find some examples
with codesearch.debian.net.

https://codesearch.debian.net/results/--with%20maven_repo_helper

Cheers,

Markus