Re: Please help freeing libcolt-java [Was: Update on Trinityrnaseq packaging]

Le 22/02/2015 22:06, Andreas Tille a écrit :

> As far as I understand ftpmaster everything needs to be removed in
> src/hep/aida (including bin and ref).

Yes they are right, but except for the src/hep/aida/bin classes the
src/hep/aida ones can be replaced by their equivalent in freehep.

I conducted a quick experiment: I removed the hep.aida.bin package from
Colt, removed/patched the code using it and built the reverse
dependencies. I ended up with these classes removed:

    src/cern/colt/GenericSortingTest.java
    src/cern/colt/matrix/bench/BenchmarkMatrix.java
    src/cern/colt/matrix/doublealgo/DoubleMatrix1DComparator.java
    src/cern/colt/matrix/doublealgo/DoubleMatrix2DComparator.java
    src/cern/colt/matrix/doublealgo/Formatter.java
    src/cern/colt/matrix/doublealgo/Partitioning.java
    src/cern/colt/matrix/doublealgo/Sorting.java
    src/cern/colt/matrix/doublealgo/Statistic.java
    src/cern/colt/matrix/doublealgo/Stencil.java
    src/cern/colt/matrix/doublealgo/Transform.java
    src/cern/colt/matrix/doublealgo/package.html
    src/cern/colt/matrix/impl/BenchmarkMatrix2D.java
    src/cern/colt/matrix/impl/TestMatrix2D.java
    src/cern/jet/random/Benchmark.java
    src/cern/jet/stat/quantile/Quantile1Test.java
    src/hep/aida/ref/Converter.java
    src/hep/aida/ref/Test2.java

and I also had to make minor modifications to the following classes (I
commented the toString() and viewSorted() methods):

    src/cern/colt/matrix/DoubleMatrix1D.java
    src/cern/colt/matrix/DoubleMatrix2D.java
    src/cern/colt/matrix/DoubleMatrix3D.java
    src/cern/colt/matrix/linalg/Property.java

I've successfully rebuilt beast-mcmc, spread-phy and libjung-java with
this stripped down version of libcolt-java. I haven't been able to
create a source tarball for beast2-mcmc, libdsol1-java and libssj-java
so I don't know for these packages, but this result is promising.

At this point I think freehep aida/jaida should be packaged, then a new
colt-free package could be created using freehep-aida and the
modifications I made. This will allow you to free at least 3 packages
from contrib.

Emmanuel Bourg