Re: Assistance with Ubuntu 12.04 Maven update

On Mon, Feb 2, 2015 at 3:26 PM, Emmanuel Bourg <ebourg@apache.org> wrote:
Le 02/02/2015 23:55, Christopher Currie a écrit :

> Greetings, debian-java. Is this the correct place to ask for help with
> Ubuntu packages?

Hi Christopher,

Most Java packages are shared between Debian and Ubuntu, so we should be
able to help.

CVE-2013-0253 was fixed 2 years ago in libwagon2-java/2.2-3+nmu1 for
Debian. I see trusty has the version 2.5-1, so you are safe.

Thanks; the issue is that I would like to see that CVE fixed for precise. It looks like precise doesn't have libwagon2-java, only libwagon-java. Has anyone worked with the Ubuntu security team, and can say whether they'd allow a *new* package to be added, to fix a security issue?

--

Christopher Currie

Engineering, Usermind

codemonkey@usermind.com