maven-repo-helper questions

hello debian-java,

I want to use maven-repo-helper for installing multiple maven artifacts
(jars) to /usr/share/maven-repo. This:

override_dh_link:
        dh_link
        mh_install

(adapted from
http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/debian-med/picard-tools.git/tree/debian/rules)
installs the poms correctly, but not the jars (probably since it doesn't
know where they are ;-)).

Shall I call mh_installjar for each jar and then call mh_installpoms (I
created debian/<binary_package>.poms files). The jars are built in
flamingo/build/libs/flamingo-7.3.jar
etc.

I think I should remove the *.install files (for each binary package)
because this is taken care of by mh_installjar? Source jars are
generally not installed (probably not needed)?
How about using the poms from maven.org? They look like this:
  https://github.com/fnatter/insubstantial-debian/blob/master/debian/pom-libflamingo.xml

Can you point me to a package which does this or tell me how to install
multiple jars?

Many Thanks and Best Regards,
--
Felix Natter