Re: locale_in_documentation_generated_by_javadoc error in many java packages

Hi Tim,

Le 19/11/2015 04:04, Potter, Tim (Converged Cloud) a écrit :

> Is there something more complex going on here or am I just begin dense?

For the Maven based packages the reproducibility issues related to the
javadoc are handled in maven-debian-helper and maven-javadoc-plugin.
Don't bother fixing these packages individually, a tool chain change can
fix them all at once.

I fixed the locale issue in maven-debian-helper 1.6.12 [1] but it seems
there is another issue here, I'll get a look.

The locale has at least two effects on the javadoc:
- it changes the lang attribute on the <html> element. This is addressed
by dh-stripnondeterminism for all javadocs, even those generated by
Ant/Gradle
- the method summaries displayed in the methods table are extracted
differently from the method javadoc. I assume that's the issue we see here.

Emmanuel Bourg

[1]
http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/pkg-java/maven-debian-helper.git/commit/?id=1ba303722e092ef972e0915a0d13334ddb1bc25c