Re: Packaging Java Pathfinder

On Sun, 2015-11-15 at 08:46 -0800, tony mancill wrote:

> When using this recipe, you should also declare a build-dependency on
> either "openjdk-8-jdk" or "default-jdk (>= 2:1.8)".  The first is (just
> a tad) more explicit and aligns with the setting of JAVA_HOME.

Thank you for this!

I have another question...

So far a user would manually install Java PathFinder, so they would have
to configure it by editing a file ~/.jpf/site.properties, where Java
PathFinder modules (and I intend to package one module later too) would
figure out where on the disk is the main module, that is Java PathFinder
itself. However, now there will be Debian packages for Java PathFinder
and its modules, so the configuration file won't be needed as everything
will be in /usr/share/java, yet my hunch is the modules will still look
for ~/.jpf/site.properties.

Do you have any suggestions on how to handle this? My hunch is I will
have to patch things such that all modules always look for the main
module (and possibly other modules) in a specific place
(i.e. /usr/share/java).

--
Regards,
Marko