Re: Packaging org.eclipse.jetty.alpn for Debian

Removing alpn support impacts performance since an additional handshake is necessary at the application (http) level. Is it possible to instead patch the source to include the needed support class? It can then be removed when Java 9 becomes the default.

On Sat, Oct 31, 2015, 12:38 Markus Koschany <apo@gambaru.de> wrote:
Am 31.10.2015 um 06:58 schrieb Emmanuel Bourg:
> Le 30/10/2015 20:35, Markus Koschany a écrit :
>
>> What do you think?
>
> I don't mind having a single class package, it's fairly exceptional. An
> alternative would be to ignore jetty-alpn and the related code (the
> netty package does that already). ALPN will be integrated to Java 9 [1],
> so this API is likely to become obsolete in the near future.
>
> Emmanuel Bourg

Ok, if ALPN will be integrated into Java 9 I think it's not worth the
effort to package a single class.

What do you think about this patch?

https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/pkg-java/undertow.git/tree/debian/patches/alpn-not-supported.patch

It works but I would like to hear some opinions about the

undertow/client/http2/Http2ClientProvider.java

part and if it makes sense.

Cheers,

Markus