Packaging Java Pathfinder

Hi all,

Since earlier this year Java Pathfinder [1] (or JPF for short), an
implementation of JVM used for software verification, is free software
and available under the Apache 2.0 license.

I would like to package JPF and I have a basic question. Given that JPF
is a JVM implemented in Java, would it be OK to package JPF such that it
is compiled with GCJ? Otherwise running a Java program in a JVM
implemented in a JVM is a huge resource penalty.

[1] Java Pathfinder: http://babelfish.arc.nasa.gov/trac/jpf

--
Kind regards,
Marko Dimjašević