Re: Please review insubstantial (flamingo/substance/trident)

Felix Natter <fnatter@gmx.net> writes:

Dear Java Team,

> I am looking for someone to review my "insubstantial" package":
>
>  * Package name    : insubstantial (aka flamingo/substance/trident)
>    Version         : 7.3+dfsg2-1
>    Upstream Author : Kirill Grouchnikov
>  * URL             : https://github.com/Insubstantial/insubstantial
>  * License         : BSD-3-clause
>    Section         : java

could you please consider reviewing this package?

> I am not filing an RFS bug yet, because we need to upload fixed r-deps
> as well (see below), and once the package is ok, I will port the changes
> as 7.3+dfsg1-1 to alioth.
>
> The current (temporary) VCS location is:
>   https://github.com/fnatter/insubstantial-debian
>
> (I also uploaded to mentors.d.n. for easy access:
> http://mentors.debian.net/package/insubstantial)
>
> The package is lintian clean, except for:
>
> W: insubstantial source: dep5-copyright-license-name-not-unique (paragraph at line 626)
> W: insubstantial source: missing-license-paragraph-in-dep5-copyright bsd-3-clause (paragraph at line 622)
>
> which I _consider_ to be false positives (#788252).
>
> I have compiled upgrade paths for the three r-deps:
> - bgfinancas (patch)
> - triplea: Upgrade to 1.8 (until this is done, only the L&F selection is
>   broken)
> - jajuk (patch)

Is the following plan ok?

1. Fix issues, move VCS to alioth, file RFS

2. sponsorship: make sure insubstantial passes NEW / is in unstable
(I thought about using experimental, but if we do this then we can't be
sure that the package passes NEW before we fix the r-deps)

3. File an RC Bug against insubstantial to make sure it does not migrate
   to testing

4. I will patch bgfinancas and we will make a team upload
(the maintainers of the three r-deps did not reply other than
"go ahead, I don't have time / don't care" or similar)

5. I will patch jajuk and we will make a team upload
(can I migrate the svn repo to git first?)

(6. optional: upgrade triplea to 1.8 to fix L&F issues if it's easy)

7. close the RC bug for insubstantial

Please advise,
Best Regards,
--