Missing rbconfig.rb file in jruby packaging?

Hi Miguel.  I’m slowing working on getting logstash up and running using the Debian archive version of Jruby.  I think there are some pieces missing though.

When a script runs require "rbconfig” it expects to pull in some constants in the RbConfig namespace, e.g RbConfig::CONFIG[“host_os”].  This doesn’t work and I think the reason is that rbconfig.rb isn’t being packaged.  It’s in core/src/main/ruby/jruby/kernel/rbconfig.rb

Unfortunately I’m unable to build Jruby from source by myself - I get this error when using pbuilder with a sid chroot:

cd . && /usr/lib/jvm/java-8-openjdk-amd64/bin/java -classpath /usr/share/maven/boot/plexus-classworlds-2.x.jar  -Dclassworlds.conf=/tmp/buildd/jruby-1.7.21/debian/m2.conf org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher -s/etc/maven2/settings-debian.xml -Dmaven.repo.local=/tmp/buildd/jruby-1.7.21/debian/maven-repo  -Pdist package
-Dmaven.multiModuleProjectDirectory system propery is not set. Check $M2_HOME environment variable and mvn script match.debian/rules:35: recipe for target 'override_dh_auto_build' failed
make[1]: *** [override_dh_auto_build] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/tmp/buildd/jruby-1.7.21'
debian/rules:14: recipe for target 'build' failed
make: *** [build] Error 2
dpkg-buildpackage: error: debian/rules build gave error exit status 2

I’m guessing the fix is some extra cp commands in the override_dh_auto_install rule.  Does that sound reasonable?

Tim.