Re: Java packages and reproducible builds

On 05/12/2015 12:37 AM, Emmanuel Bourg wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The Reproducible Builds Team has kindly set up a report for the Java
> packages [1]. For now only 60% of our packages are reproducible, this
> should improve in the next days since I fixed the timestamps issues
> affecting the Maven packages.
>
> The packages are continuously built by Jenkins, and the report also
> informs about the packages that fail to build. This gives a faster
> feedback on the build issues than the periodic mass rebuilds, I
> encourage everyone to look at it. For example I noticed yesterday that
> commons-lang got broken by a recent debhelper update, and some packages
> affected by the jnr/jffi updates are also listed.
>
> Emmanuel Bourg
>
> [1]
> https://reproducible.debian.net/unstable/amd64/index_pkg_sets.html#maint_pkg-java-maintainers

This is great - thank you for the link. I'm wondering if we could get an
email
to the list (or at least the uploader) when Jenkins discovers a package
that FTBFS?

(BTW, it looks like jffi and jnr-* are okay now, but several of the
eclipse packages need attention, and tomcat7 is failing unit tests.)

Cheers,
tony