Problem with jline 2.11 maven dependency (mh_make)

Hi,

I am trying to package jsqsh (https://github.com/scgray/jsqsh) as an
exercise in Debian/Java packaging, and am having trouble getting its
dependency on jline 2.11 to resolve.

I've cut the problem down to a simple example, separate from jsqsh's
code, here: https://github.com/scottwakeling/debmypom

When I run mh_make (see output below..), junit gets patched to version
4.x, and jline to 2.*. I have read the mh_make man page and Debian
Maven Repo Spec, but I don't understand the difference between .x
and .* version replacement.

jline 2.* fails to resolve. If I patch it myself to 2.11, remove
the debian directory, and run mh_make again, it changes it back to 2.*
and fails again.

jline 2.11 is provided by the libjline2-java package, and previous
versions by libjline-java.

How can I get a dependency on jline 2.11 to resolve with mh_make?

Installing libjline2-java does not cause the jline/debian symlink in
maven-repo to update to the 2.11 jar. Should it?

If you have time to try, and it works for you, please reply with
mh_make output and maven-repo/jline contents.

Cheers,

-scott

Pertinent contents of maven-repo:

scott@roth:~/src/debmypom$ ls /usr/share/maven-repo/jline/jline/
1.0/    2.11/   2.x/    debian/
scott@roth:~/src/debmypom$ ls /usr/share/maven-repo/jline/jline/debian
-al total 12
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Apr 29 23:00 .
drwxr-xr-x 6 root root 4096 Apr 29 23:00 ..
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root   30 Jun 15  2012 jline-debian.jar
-> ../../../../java/jline-1.0.jar -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 2973 Jun 15
2012 jline-debian.pom

mh_make output:

Solving dependencies for package libdebmypom-java (tests are included)
Analysing pom.xml...
Enter the upstream version for the package.
[1.0-SNAPSHOT] >
Version of org.diskfish.debian:debmypom is 1.0-SNAPSHOT
Choose how the version will be transformed:
 0  - Replace all versions starting by 1. with 1.x
[1] - Change the version to the symbolic 'debian' version
 2  - Keep the version
 3  - Custom rule
> Resolving junit:junit:jar:4.12 of scope test...
Dependency junit:junit:jar:4.12 found in package junit4
[ok]

Resolving jline:jline:jar:2.11 of scope compile...
Dependency jline:jline:jar:2.11 found in package libjline2-java
[ok]

[INFO]
NOTE: Maven is executing in offline mode. Any artifacts not already in
your local repository will be inaccessible.

[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO]
[INFO] Building debmypom
[INFO]    task-segment:
[org.debian.maven:maven-packager-utils:1.6.9:generate]
(aggregator-style) [INFO]
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR [INFO]
[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

Missing:
----------
1) jline:jline:jar:2.*

  Then, install it using the command:
      mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=jline -DartifactId=jline
  -Dversion=2.* -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file

  Alternatively, if you host your own repository you can deploy the
  file there: mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=jline -DartifactId=jline
  -Dversion=2.* -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file -Durl=[url]
  -DrepositoryId=[id]

  Path to dependency:
    1) org.diskfish.debian:debmypom:jar:1.0-SNAPSHOT
    2) jline:jline:jar:2.*

----------
1 required artifact is missing.

for artifact:
  org.diskfish.debian:debmypom:jar:1.0-SNAPSHOT

from the specified remote repositories:
  central (https://repo1.maven.org/maven2)

NOTE: Maven is executing in offline mode. Any artifacts not already in
your local repository will be inaccessible.

[INFO]
output
40,24          88%

--