Re: Correct dependency for package needing Java 6?

On Tue, 27 Jan 2015, Jan Niehusmann wrote:

> I'm trying to make a java package build on all debian architectures. As
> the source code needs java 6 to compile, it fails on some architectures
> when just depending on default-jdk. These are kfreebsd-* and sparc, where
> default-jdk installs gcj instead of openjdk.

And m68k, and a bunch of others.

> Depending on openjdk-6-jdk or openjdk-7-jdk would probably fix that

No, as you can install several JDKs.

> But debian java policy states "Packages must be built with default-jdk".

You could Build-Conflicts on gcj?

But it would be better to whitelist the OpenJDK architectures
in the Architecture field of your package. That way, the m68k
buildd admins aren’t angry at you for wasting hours of CPU time
to try to install build dependencies for something, only to
abort the build due to Build-Conflicts later.

bye,
//mirabilos (also m68k buildd admin, hint hint)
--
tarent solutions GmbH
Rochusstraße 2-4, D-53123 Bonn • http://www.tarent.de/