How to handle internal dependencies

Hi everyone.  I was wondering how to handle Maven dependencies for modules
inside a project.  For example in the dropwizard-metrics pom.xml file, one
of the modules mentions another as a dependency.  maven-debian-helper
doesn't seem to understand this and it gives a missing artefact error.

More concretely, the metrics-json jar depends on the metrics-healthchecks
jar which is built previously but I don't know how to add it to the local
maven repo.

2) io.dropwizard.metrics:metrics-healthchecks:jar:debian

  Then, install it using the command:
      mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=io.dropwizard.metrics
-DartifactId=metrics-healthchecks -Dversion=debian -Dpackaging=jar
-Dfile=/path/to/file

there:
      mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=io.dropwizard.metrics
-DartifactId=metrics-healthchecks -Dversion=debian -Dpackaging=jar
-Dfile=/path/to/file -Durl=[url] -DrepositoryId=[id]

  Path to dependency:
  	1) io.dropwizard.metrics:metrics-json:bundle:3.0.2
  	2) io.dropwizard.metrics:metrics-healthchecks:jar:debian

I have a feeling there's a simple fix but I can't figure out what it is.

Tim.