Re: RFS: robocode 1.6.2+dfsg2-1 [ITA] [RC]

Hi Emmanuel,

On Tue, 21. Oct 00:19 Emmanuel Bourg <ebourg@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi Markus,
>
> Do you think you could clone to alioth and then update the packaging
> repository from Github [1] instead of creating a new one? That would be
> nice to preserve the change history.

I deliberately decided not to clone the old github repository because
most of the changes happened five years ago and in the meantime the game
and the packaging have mostly become obsolete. There is no real
benefit in this case since most of the commits date back to before 2009. I used
git-import-dsc instead and preserved all versions since squeeze this way
which I think should suffice. The last maintainer also forgot to
incorporate at least one NMU that is also missing from the Github
repository. I have already started to work on the latest version of Robocode and
the packaging is completely different. All in all I think we have
preserved enough change history to move forward.

Regards,

Markus