Re: eclipse-pydev packaging

Hi Adrien,

On 07/31/2014 08:19 PM, Adrien Grellier wrote:
I am interesting in having eclipse-pydev in Debian for jessie. I see that
someone is intented to package it:

Is it still the case ? If no one has time to do it, I may be able to
dedicated time to take care of it.

thanks for your interest; it would be great if you could help, since I
haven't had lately enough time to finish the packaging.

Please have a look at the current progress in git [1]. To build the package you'll
need jython 2.5.3-2 for which I've just sent a RFS so wait until it's uploaded.
Otherwise I guess there shouldn't be any major obstacles. If you encounter some
problem during compilation you're not sure how to solve, just ask.

Once you're able to build the version that's in the git, you may try to update the
package to the latest upstream, which is 3.6.0 at the moment.

Regards,

Jakub

[1] http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/pkg-java/eclipse-pydev.git