Re: RFS: eclipse-cdt 8.4.0-1 (new upstream) - [UPLOADED]

On 07/27/2014 12:17 PM, Jakub Adam wrote:
> Hi Tony,
>
> On 07/26/2014 08:00 PM, tony mancill wrote:
>> the change to set the javac target to 1.7. Is it necessary?
>
> yes, the package won't build without that.
>
>> Since, eclipse-cdt is Arch: all, the package may fail on any
>> architectures that pull in a default-jdk that isn't openjdk-7 (see [1]).
>
> eclipse-cdt disables building on the architectures that have only gcj by
> declaring Build-Depends on default-jdk (>= 2:1.6), which is only satisfied
> where openjdk-6 or higher is the default (this was suggested in #743234
> [1]).
> In sid, there's only default-jdk 2:1.7 and it installs openjdk-7, so there
> shouldn't be a need to bump up the version in d/control.
>
> As an alternative, I could list only the supported architectures in
> d/control,
> but that would have to be updated when openjdk-7 becomes available say
> on kfreebsd.

Hi Jakub,

Thanks for pointing out the versioned dependency.  I think the way you
have it setup now is preferable to what I was proposing.

I did go ahead and bump the versioned dep on default-jdk to (>= 2:1.7),
as this will prevent answer the "what's the minimum JDK?" question
explicitly for any back-porters.  Let me know if you disagree and I'll
upload again.

Cheers,
tony