Re: how to make sure a jar file is opened with correct java version?

On Mon, Jul 21, 2014 at 06:13:45PM +0530, Pirate Praveen wrote:
> hi,
>
> I have packaged gnukhata (http://people.debian.org/~praveen/gnukhata)
> and it is built with java 7 and it depends on java7-runtime. When you
> install gnukhata, java7 is installed but on system which has a java 6
> version already installed, the default java is java 6 and it fails to
> start. We have to manually switch default java to java 7. How do I
> handle this?

Hello Praveen,

Take a look at java-wrappers - it provides support for finding a
suitable JRE and for constructing a classpath.  You can use
'revere-depends java-wrappers' to find examples of packages that use it
- weka and tuxguitar come to mind.

If you find any problems, please report them.

Cheers,
tony