Re: RFS: ecj/3.10.0-1 - [UPLOADED]

Am 05.07.2014 20:20, schrieb Emmanuel Bourg:
> Le 05/07/2014 18:13, Matthias Klose a écrit :
>
>> You should use the ecj from the eclipse package, if you
>> need the exact upstream version, you should use org.eclipse.jdt.core from the
>> eclipse-platform-data package, and maybe split out the jar file into it's own
>> package.
>
> Thank you for the advice but that's a lot of work for a library that
> could be simply shared between GCJ, Tomcat, Gradle, Scilab, Plexus,
> Commons JCI, Spring and JasperReports. Also note that upgrading the
> whole Eclipse platform is much more difficult than just upgrading the
> compiler.
>
> I'd rather wait for upstream to fix the bug we identified and re-upload
> ecj 3.10.0 to unstable.

sorry, this is not an advice but a request.  I had to spend some time this
weekend to undo this upload, which I don't want to see repeated.

ecj is part of the java toolchain on some architectures, and from my point of
view it is more important to keep these working instead of updating to a new ecj
version.

I did point out a way forward to use a new org.eclipse.jdt.core by updating
eclipse.  If you don't have the time to do this, fine, but please don't mess
around with *my* time.

  Matthias