Re: packaging of swig generated wrappers

Le 16/05/2014 20:17, Ghislain Vaillant a écrit :

> So far, I have created a libismrmrd-java.install which moves the JNI
> file to /usr/lib/jni and the JAR to /usr/share/java.
>
> Is that enough or is there anything missing ?

Hi Ghislain,

If you want to adhere to the Java policy libjismrmrd.so would have to be
packaged in an arch specific package (that would be libismrmrd-jni).

https://www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/java-policy/x110.html

"If a Java library relies on native code, the dynamic libraries
containing this compiled native code should be installed into the
directory /usr/lib/jni. These dynamic libraries should be shipped in a
separate architecture-specific package named libXXX[version]-jni. The
package containing the Java bytecode (generally libXXX[version]-java)
should depend on this package."

But if ismrmrd.jar is small I think it's ok to put the jar and the
native library in the same package.

Emmanuel Bourg