Re: Java / GSoC - Debian

Debian has appeared on the list of GSoC organisations so there is a real
possibility this could go ahead

https://wiki.debian.org/SummerOfCode2014/Projects/Recursively%20building%20Java%20dependencies%20from%20source

However, it really needs a couple of other mentors to work on it with me
as a mentoring team, partly because Ganglia has also been invited to
participate this year and I will have to focus on that (as I am one of
the Ganglia admins)

I already have some rough plans for this project and how it can be
broken down into tasks that are achievable for a student in 8 weeks.  I
can also provide a virtual server for the student and mentors to
collaborate.

Please feel free to email me privately if interested