How to package maven-based packages without network access?

Hi there.

First, some introduction here: I am a novice (*very* novice, still in my
baby steps) regarding programming in Java.

That being said, from my Debian-Maintainer PoV, I would like to, sometimes,
package (or help packaging, or reviewing) packages that use maven as the
build tool.

Unfortunately, I see that Maven downloads all the dependencies from the
network at build time and, in the Debian spirit, I would like to declare
build dependencies and convince maven to use the installed dependencies.

What is the approved/recommended way of doing this?

Thanks in advance,
Rogério Brito.

P.S.: Of course, if something is not packaged, I may be willing (depending
on how much knowledge is needed---I am a newbie, after all) to package the
dependencies to have everything self-contained.
--
Rogério Brito : rbrito@{ime.usp.br,gmail.com} : GPG key 4096R/BCFCAAAA
http://cynic.cc/blog/ : github.com/rbrito : profiles.google.com/rbrito