Re: Openjdk-8 in Debian/backports?

On Tue, Dec 30, 2014 at 5:43 AM, Thomas Zlika wrote:

> Would it be possible to know the roadmap for openjdk-8 in Debian?

It is in unstable already but has two RC bugs:

https://bugs.debian.org/760982
https://bugs.debian.org/760984

The second of these is a meta-bug for the list of tasks that need to
be completed before openjdk-8 can be made the default:

https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?tag=openjdk-8-transition;users=debian-java@lists.debian.org

> Jessie train, but is a backport package can be expected anytime soon?

The jessie-backports suite appears to be available now but I'm not
sure it is open yet since jessie isn't yet released.

> (Including a backport package for Wheezy also?).

wheezy-backports-sloppy is available for backports of packages newer
than jessie.

--
bye,
pabs