systemd and Java daemons

Hi all,

Seeing the discussion around the elasticsearch issue with systemd
(#766977) I think we should review all our daemons and ensure they work
properly with systemd. Out of my head we should check tomcat7, tomcat8,
jetty8, activemq and jenkins. I have never used systemd so I'm not in
the best position to examine this. If someone familiar with systemd
could try some basic operations (start/stop/restart, kill and restart,
start with a configuration error, start twice, etc) and report back the
result that would be great.

Thank you,

Emmanuel Bourg