Re: libtomcat6-java rdeps: jbossas4

On Wed, Sep 10, 2014 at 04:43:54PM +0200, Emmanuel Bourg wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> jbossas4 depends indirectly on libtomcat6-java through
> libjboss-remoting-java. I haven't been able to patch
> libjboss-remoting-java to work with libtomcat7-java. Should we consider
> removing jbossas4 and its related packages? This is a rather old version
> of JBoss (2008), I'm not even sure it works properly (#465596) and it
> has a low popcon (<80).

Hi Emmanuel,

Given its low popcon I think this package is only used to complete
dependencies on another packages or at least that is how I used jboss4
packages in the past.

Raising the severity of #465596 is good option, but if by
removing it, only those outdated jboss libraries are affected
maybe it's time to remove them as well.

Miguel Landaeta, nomadium at debian.org
secure email with PGP 0x6E608B637D8967E9 available at http://miguel.cc/key.