Re: build-helper-maven-plugin not found by mvn-debian?

On 13/08/14 18:35, Andrew Schurman wrote:
> I'm no expert of debian package builds, but from a maven standpoint, it
> sounds like a missing plugin. Have you tried adding
> libbuild-helper-maven-plugin-java to build depends? If it was a maven 3
> incompatibility, you'd see a much different error and probably a failed
> build on your local machine.

Thanks for the feedback - I had added the dependencies, the control file
appears OK:
https://github.com/dpocock/libphonenumber/blob/debian/debian/control

The FTP masters just accepted the package today, so the full build log
is visible now:

https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=libphonenumber&arch=i386&ver=6.3~svn680-2&stamp=1407936071

I enabled "-e -X" in the Maven options to the build logs show lots of
detail.  Other plugins appear to be found OK, e.g. this log line:

[DEBUG] Retrieving parent-POM: org.apache.maven:maven:pom:debian for
project: org.apache.maven:maven-plugin-api:jar:debian from the repository.

so it is not clear to me whether it is a problem with my debian/rules
file or the plugin in question.

Upstream has been building part of this project with ant and recently
started supporting Maven builds as well so maybe I just update
debian/rules to remove all the ant stuff (it currently has both and and
Maven logic)