Re: RFS: maven-stapler-plugin/1.17-1

On 08/08/2014 04:30 PM, Emmanuel Bourg wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I updated maven-stapler-plugin to build with Java 8 and I'm looking for
> a sponsor to upload it.
>
> Here is the changelog:
>
>   * New upstream release
>   * Fixed a Javadoc error breaking the build with Java 8u20
>   * Removed java7-compat.patch (fixed upstream)
>   * Ignore the Maven dependency on animal-sniffer-maven-plugin
>   * Removed the unused rules from debian/maven.rules
>
> http://mentors.debian.net/package/maven-stapler-plugin

Hi Emmanuel,

maven-hpi-plugin FTBFS against this new version because it hardcodes
1.16 in its maven.rules.  Bumping it to 1.17 addresses the FTBFS, but it
would be nice to just specify the version as "debian" and leave it at that.

Any concerns with me add maven artifacts for a "debian" version?

Thank you,
tony