Re: RFS: eclipse-cdt 8.4.0-1 (new upstream)

On 07/26/2014 03:53 AM, Jakub Adam wrote:
> Dear Java packagers,
>
> I am looking for a sponsor for package "eclipse-cdt".
>
>  * Package name    : eclipse-cdt
>    Version         : 8.4.0-1
>    Upstream Author : Eclipse CDT project
>  * URL             : http://eclipse.org/cdt/
>  * License         : EPL-1.0
>    Section         : java
>
> It builds those binary packages:
>
>   eclipse-cdt - C/C++ Development Tools for Eclipse
>   eclipse-cdt-autotools - Autotools support for Eclipse CDT
>   eclipse-cdt-jni - C/C++ Development Tools for Eclipse (JNI)
>   eclipse-cdt-launch-remote - Remote launch and debug support for
> Eclipse CDT
>   eclipse-cdt-qt - Qt framework support for Eclipse CDT
>
> Package source can be accessed at pkg-java git repository:
>
>  http://git.debian.org/?p=pkg-java/eclipse-cdt.git
>
> I would be glad if someone uploaded this package into sid for me.

Hi Jakub,

The only question I have is about the change to set the javac target to
1.7.   Is it necessary?

Since, eclipse-cdt is Arch: all, the package may fail on any
architectures that pull in a default-jdk that isn't openjdk-7 (see [1]).
 However, I don't know whether eclipse runs on those platforms or not.

Thank you,
tony

[1] https://packages.debian.org/unstable/default-jdk