Re: Hello friendly Java people

On 22/07/14 2:34 PM, "tony mancill" <tmancill@debian.org> wrote:

>On 07/21/2014 04:15 PM, Potter, Tim (Cloud Services) wrote:
>> Hi everyone.  I¹d just like to introduce myself and say hi.  I¹m a
>>Linux systems programmer interested in helping out with Java packaging,
>>in particular Hilko¹s work on Elasticsearch and its various
>>dependencies.  I also have an interested in software build systems and
>>automation, which will no doubt be engaged by working on Debian
>>packaging.
>>
>> I¹m not a big Java programmer and really only know enough to be
>>dangerous (-: but I have filed a few Debian bugs and created some Debian
>>packaging for some internal software for HP.
>
>Hi Tim,
>
>The team welcomes new contributors.  If you don't have one already,
>create an Alioth account [1] and then request to join the pkg-java group
>[2,3].

Thanks Tony.  I've created an account and made a request to join the group.

>There are plenty of bug to look at in team-maintained packages [4].  You
>can use the list for request for sponsor (RFS) requests.

OK.  The carrotsearch-hpcc, compress-lzf, hyperic-sigar and spatial4j
source packages look ready to go and are in the NEW queue.  There's a
build problem with carrotsearch-randomizedtesting and this is a build
dependency for lucene4 and so a blocker for elasticsearch.  Is it just a
matter of waiting until the Ftp Team gets around to approving or rejecting
the package?

Tim.

>Wecome!
>tony
>
>[1] https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/JavaPackaging
>[2] https://alioth.debian.org/projects/pkg-java/
>[3] https://alioth.debian.org/project/request.php?group_id=30085
>[4]
>https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?maint=pkg-java-maintainers@l
>ists.alioth.debian.org

Tim Potter
Cloud Systems Engineer
HP Cloud Services

timothy.potter@hp.com
M +61 419 749 832
Hewlett-Packard Australia Pty Ltd

This e-mail may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole
use of the intended recipient. Any review, use, distribution or disclosure
by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient
(or authorised to receive for the recipient), please contact the sender by
reply e-mail and delete all copies of this message.