Re: [gradle-dev] upgrade gradle to groovy 2

On Sat, Jul 05, 2014 at 08:05:17AM +0100, Russel Winder wrote:
> Miguel,

(Including debian-java)

Hi Russel,

> How long does approval normally take, the package has been ready for > 5
> weeks.

This is up to Debian FTPMaster team who are the ones in charge of
reviewing new packages. I have to admit this wait has been a little
longer than usual but I believe in one or two weeks this package should
be available in sid.

> Is there a version in experimental?

Unfortunately, no. groovy2 is a new package so it has to be accepted
first.

> I cannot start something from scratch but if there was a previous
> package build framework that just needed amending, I could give it a go.
> I am not really up on Debian packaging, is there a good tutorial I could
> read in conjunction with working on the previous Gradle build framework?

packaging-tutorial [1] is a good package to take a look at for this
topic. After that, you could take a look at packages already packaged
with gradle. This is a list of packages build-depending on gradle
ordered by complexity:

multiverse-core [2]
groovy2 [3]
gradle [4]

> > 1. https://ftp-master.debian.org/new/groovy2_2.2.2+dfsg-1.html
>
> This seems to have the indy Groovy 2.2.2 in one place and Groovy 2.2.1
> artefacts elsewhere as well. I guess I am a bit confused by the package
> contents. This is most likely because I am not au fait with the Debian
> Java/Groovy policy and set up/

Thanks for commenting about this. It turns out I did a mistake
packaging it and that was a typo with the versioning, so I'll upload a
new package soon.

Cheers,

1. https://packages.debian.org/sid/packaging-tutorial
2. http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=pkg-java/multiverse-core.git