Re: iText employee and Linux user offering assistance for packaging

Le 01/07/2014 11:57, amedee.vangasse@itextpdf.com a écrit :

> Feel free to tell me how I can help!

Hi Amedee,

Welcome and thank you for offering your help. I'm cc-ing
debian-java@lists.debian.org since this is where we discuss Java related
topics, the pkg-java-maintainers list is only used for technical
notifications (commits, transitions, etc)

If you are interested in maintaining directly and preparing updates of
the libitext5-java package I can explain the process. Currently the
package is almost up to date, we are waiting for the next release to fix
an incompatibility with Java 8.

We are also maintaining an older version of iText licensed under the
MPL/LGPL. This version is affected by a bug [1] that has probably been
fixed in iText 5. If ever you could point us to the relevant commit that
fixed it in iText 5 we could backport the fix.

Emmanuel Bourg

[1] https://bugs.debian.org/603284