I packaged the latest version of the Eclipse Compiler for Java and I'm
looking for a sponsor to upload it. This is the first release supporting
the new Java 8 syntax. This update will fix 4 build failures with
OpenJDK 8 (eclipse-egit, eclipse-emf, eclipse-wtp and eclipse-xsd.
Unfortunately eclipse and eclipse-cdt are still broken).
This package wasn't managed in a VCS yet, so I created a new repository:
Here is the changelog:
* New upstream release (built from the R4_4 tag, identifies itself as
- Refreshed gcc-changes.diff
- Added a patch fixing compilation errors caused by @Override
- Updated the version of the Maven pom
- Added the new -1.8 option in the manpages
- Removed the recommended dependency on a JRE for libecj-java
- Added the Homepage and the Vcs-* fields
* Switch to debhelper level 9
* Call 'set -e' in the body of the ecj maintainer scripts
* Fixed a typo in the ecj manpages
* Added a watch file
- Renamed the get-source target to get-orig-source and completed
the script to build the upstream tarball.
- Removed the option to build with the old ant1.7 package
- Reduced the number of warnings during the compilation
- Replace the bundle_version parameter with the actual version
* Use XZ compression for the upstream tarball