Re: transition: java7

Hi,

On 15/05/13 11:42, Matthias Klose wrote:
> Package: release.debian.org
> Severity: normal
> User: release.debian.org@packages.debian.org
> Usertags: transition
>
> jessie won't ship anymore with OpenJDK 6, so we have to build and run using
> OpenJDK 7.  The good thing is that almost everything will continue to run,  we
> just have to fix build failures with OpenJDK 7.  See [1] for the discussion of
> the transition, and [2] for the list of issues which need to get addressed.
>
> Planning to do the transition in two steps:
>
>  - Change the jre/jdk defaults to OpenJDK 7 from OpenJDK 6 which do have
>    a working OpenJDK 7.  Keep OpenJDK 6 as the default for architectures
>    with a non-working OpenJDK 7.  This decouples the transition from having
>    to change build dependencies in packages building bindings.
>    From my point of view this can happen anytime soon, and is mostly
>    independent from other transitions.

This seems to have happened now, right? I see that default-(jre|jdk) depend on
openjdk-7-(jre|jdk) everywhere but kbsd.

>  - When done, drop java support for architectures not having OpenJDK 7
>    anymore (mips, mipsel, maybe s390).  Nothing needs to be done if
>    these architectures don't qualify as release architectures anymore.

Is that still true? I see that openjdk-7 successfully built on all current
release architectures (including mips, mipsel and s390x).

Is there anything left to do here?

Regards,
Emilio