Re: zookeeper FTBFS with gcj as default-jdk

Am 23.03.2014 22:12, schrieb Tim Retout:
Hi all,

What's the right thing to do when Java packages can only build against
openjdk-7-jdk, and not gcj?

Since the latest default-jdk upload, zookeeper now fails to build on
kfreebsd-amd64, kfreebsd-i386 and sparc:
https://bugs.debian.org/742405

I guess fixing it to build with gcj will be quite difficult (but I've
not tried) - digging around the internet, I can see that there used to
be similar problems for zookeeper on mips, before openjdk worked
there.

instead of hard-coding the list of architectures, get it from

  /usr/share/java/java_defaults.mk

and use java7_architectures to generate the list of architectures. However you are not allowed to change the control file during the build, so make sure that you fail the build when it changes.

  Matthias