Re: RFS: freemind 0.9.0+dfsg2-1 [RC]

Hello Paul,

On 21.02.2014 03:10, Paul Wise wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 11:21 PM, Markus Koschany wrote:
>
>> Gnash is able to handle that too.
>
> You've tested that gnash works with this particular Flash program?

Yeah, sure I did.

>> However I have no preferences for flash
>
> As the maintainer of mtasc in Debian my preference is for Flash to
> die. mtasc is dead upstream. Adobe is abandoning Flash and so are web
> devs. Now is the time for anyone still using Flash to run away as fast
> as possible.

May I suggest that you

a) inform your reverse build-dependencies of the current situation
b) ask for mtasc's removal from Debian

That would allow people like me to focus on other release critical
issues instead of flogging a dead horse.

>> I suggest to stick with the current solution and let the user decide.
>
> I would appreciate it if you would reconsider supporting the
> proprietary Flash platform.

There is nothing wrong with my solution since mtasc, gnash and freemind
are free software. But I am confident that I won't choose the same
solution twice in the future.

Please find the updated package at mentors.

http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/f/freemind/freemind_0.9.0+dfsg2-1.dsc

Regards,

Markus