Re: Java / GSoC

On 09/02/14 12:07, ewl+debian+nospam2014@lavar.de wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 09/02/14 11:49, Daniel Pocock wrote:
>>

>> I've put in a potential Java project for GSoC:
>>
>> https://wiki.debian.org/SummerOfCode2014/ProjectProposals/Recursively%20building%20Java%20dependencies%20from%20source
>>

>> Would anybody be interested in being part of a mentoring team for this
>> project?  If so, please just add your name.
>>
> What about adding a project proposal around packaging of a newer version
> of Eclipse? I'm suggesting this because this is something I'd love to
> have and nobody seems to have time for it, but I must honestly say that I
> don't even have the time for mentoring...

Outright packaging projects are not really considered because the
student will not always want to maintain the package after the 8 week
internship finishes.

The type of project I have proposed would assist with packaging Eclipse
and other complicated projects because it involves recursively building
their dependencies in a lightweight manner before anybody has to
manually package each dependency.