Re: How to package maven-based packages without network access?

On Tue, Jan 28, 2014 at 8:43 AM,  <rbrito@ime.usp.br> wrote:
> Hi there.
>
> First, some introduction here: I am a novice (*very* novice, still in my
> baby steps) regarding programming in Java.
>
> That being said, from my Debian-Maintainer PoV, I would like to, sometimes,
> package (or help packaging, or reviewing) packages that use maven as the
> build tool.
>
> Unfortunately, I see that Maven downloads all the dependencies from the
> network at build time and, in the Debian spirit, I would like to declare
> build dependencies and convince maven to use the installed dependencies.
>
> What is the approved/recommended way of doing this?

Hi Rogério,

Have you heard of maven-debian-helper [0] and maven-repo-helper [1]?
Please also look into packages already packaged with mh_make e.g.
xslthl, xml-maven-plugin.

[0] https://wiki.debian.org/Java/MavenDebianHelper
[1] https://wiki.debian.org/Java/MavenRepoHelper

Regards,