Re: RFS: libjdom2-java/2.0.5-1

Hi Tony,

Le 17/10/2013 07:44, tony mancill a écrit :

> Before uploading the package, we should probably check with upstream to
> get clarification on the license.

I contacted the current maintainer of jdom, he confirmed he was the
author of these files and they are made available under the same license.

Is it enough to proceed with the upload?

Emmanuel Bourg

--- Begin Message ---
Hi Emmanuel.

All source code in JDOM is licensed and copyrighted the same way. This license is available in the root folder of all distributions, as well as on the JDOM site, and in the root of the source code.

For convenience, it is also inserted in (apparently not all) the source files.

I have inspected these files and can assure you that:

 1. those files were all personally written by me with the exception of

      contrib/src/java/org/jdom2/contrib/ids/doc-files/TestIds.java

2. the license for those files (including TestIds.java) is the same as all other files in JDOM, as expressed in the LICENSE.txt file here: https://github.com/hunterhacker/jdom/blob/master/LICENSE.txt

All these files are in the contrib package, which is not commonly used by JDOM users. It is not likely that you are using, or shipping these files. Are you sure this impacts your uncertainty?

Regardless, the ommission of the duplication of the licence text at the top of the files is an ommission that can be corrected. Not that I do not plan to do a new JDOM release just to get this header data in to source code which is already licensed that way.

Rolf