Re: RFS: freemind 0.9.0+dfsg-3 [RC]

"W. van den Akker" <wvdakker@wilsoft.nl> writes:

hello Willem,

> On Sat, 2013-10-05 at 11:16 +0200, Felix Natter wrote:
>
>     "W. van den Akker" <wvdakker@wilsoft.nl> writes:
>
>     > On Fri, 2013-10-04 at 19:27 +0200, Markus Koschany wrote:
>     >
>     >     On 04.10.2013 19:07, Markus Koschany wrote:
>     >
>     >     > I haven't seen any progress on this since we talked about freemind on
>     >     > IRC several weeks ago, so I thought a limited fix for the most urgent
>     >     > issues would be OK.
>     >
>     >     Whoops, obviously you had already uploaded a new package to mentors.
>     >     Sorry, I completely missed it. Since you have packaged the latest
>     >     upstream release, I think it might make more sense to upload this
>     >     package to unstable. Interested in joining the Java Team? What do you think?
>     >
>     >     Regards,
>     >
>     >     Markus
>     >
>     > Hi Markus,
>     >
>     > Yes I am almost finishing rc5 also. I must make some last changes before it can be
>     > uploaded.
>
>     hi Willem,
>
>     Andrew Harvey and I are almost finished with the jmapviewer package
>     (http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=pkg-osm/jmapviewer.git).
>     I fixed all lintians and it works fine with Freeplane.
>     => You should try whether jmapviewer-1.0+dfsg1-1 works (builds+runs)
>     with FreeMind too, and I think you can already use it in your package.
>
> Ok, will give it a try :)

Good.

>     > I hope to finish it this weekend so it can be uploaded to unstable.
>     > Just have to look for a sponsor to do so. I have also contact with Felix Natter, he is
>     > advising me and
>     > I am working on his last suggestions.
>
>     Unfortunately I think there is quite a bit to do, among others to use
>     'gbp import-orig' to put the source in the git repo, see my mail
>     (again, tell me if you need help with this).
>
> Yes already done that.

You haven't done this ;-)
  http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=pkg-java/freemind.git;a=tree
=> there is only a debian/ directory. Best practice within debian(-java)
mandates that you put the complete source (snapshot) into the Debian git
repo, like this:
  https://wiki.debian.org/Java/JavaGit#Import_upstream
(http://honk.sigxcpu.org/projects/git-buildpackage/manual-html/gbp.import.html#GBP.IMPORT.NEW.UPSTREAM)

You want to use --pristine-tar and --filter:
  gbp import-orig \
  --filter "*.jar" --filter "*.exe" ... --filter-pristine-tar \
  --pristine-tar -u1.0.0~rc5+dfsg ../freemind-src-1.0.0_RC_5.tar.gz

[you might need more filters...]

Once you have imported the sources, tested the build with
  gbp buildpackage -us -uc
pushed the three branches (upstream, pristine-tar,
master) and pushed the tags (git push --tags) I can test-build+run your
package.

>     IMHO you should use the time until 1.0.0 is released to fix these
>     things, get some patches included upstream etc. :-)
>
> Not sure about that. 0.9.0 is on the removal hint list. It will be removed within 10
> days or so.

I think it'll be removed from unstable, so you have 10+ days until it's
removed from testing, which can be delayed? Also there is Markus'
package on mentors (http://mentors.debian.net/package/freemind) that can
be used in the mean time :-)

I just don't know whether you'll find a sponsor that quick with this
mixture of svn/git version control, lintian warnings (last time I
checked, cannot check right now), ...

See my mail [1], it looks like nothing changed since then in the
git repo (http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=pkg-java/freemind.git)
=> do you even want my help on this?

>     > I am sure want to join the Java Team, although Java isn't my first programming
>     > language ;)
>
>     That's not a requirement :-)
>
> :)
>
> I use the jortho library from freeplane. Ortho is now a part of freeplane (also in the
> name). Perhaps it is usefull
> to make it a shared package?

Freeplane uses a modified version of JOrtho. You probably want to use an
unmodified version from http://jortho.sourceforge.net/. If you need the
modified version from Freeplane, that will require some work [2],
also from you. Remember, I already fixed jmapviewer ;-)

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-mentors/2013/08/msg00252.html

[2] Should be easy to package using http://packages.debian.org/de/sid/javahelper
(but maybe you can just use the libjortho-freeplane-java/libjortho-java
 package without changes to the freeplane source package?)

Good Luck and Best Regards,
--
Felix Natter