Re: Java defaults for kfreebsd-amd64

On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 10:41:18AM +0100, Steven Chamberlain wrote:
> There are some curious mentions of gcj also in the failed build log.

Which are totally irrelevant for the thing here. You should trust the
person who fought with this crap since 11 years.

> > basename: missing operand
> > Try `basename --help' for more information.
> > dpkg-query: no path found matching pattern /usr/lib/x86_64-kfreebsd-gnu/gcj--*/libgcj_bc.so.1
> > dpkg-query: error: --listfiles needs at least one package name argument

Needed (only and thus failing on non-gcj builds because that package is
not installed) to get the path. Nothing to worry here.

> > 		export PATH=/«PKGBUILDDIR»/debian/usr/bin:/usr/lib/jvm/java-gcj/bin:$PATH; \

This might be fishy but it's there for a reason in gcj builds afair
(actually don't remember why, maybe it even can be removed), BUT the build
DOES NOT call "java" but $with_jdk_home/bin/java so this PATH setting is not
relevant for this failure either.

I'd actually bet that if I removed the PATH setting it would still fail
on the kfreebsd-amd64 porterbox as it did on the buildd (yes, I tried
actually I saw that failure mode *before* I uploaded and hoped it would
be just a local problem - as it was with mips(el) and openjdk-6 )

Can we get on-topic again, please?

Regards,

Rene