Re: junit issue

Hi Olivier

On 18/06/13 12:11, Olivier Sallou wrote:
What is strange is it fails at junit time (via ant task) with error:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: junit/framework/JUnit4TestAdapterCache

     [junit] Running org.biojava3.core.sequence.DNATest
     [junit] Testsuite: org.biojava3.core.sequence.DNATest
     [junit] Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Skipped: 0, Time
elapsed: 0 sec
     [junit] Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Skipped: 0, Time
elapsed: 0 sec
     [junit]
     [junit]     Caused an ERROR
     [junit] junit/framework/JUnit4TestAdapterCache
     [junit] java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
junit/framework/JUnit4TestAdapterCache
     [junit]     at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
     [junit]     at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:634)
     [junit]     at
java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:142)

I looked at Junit4.jar content and JUnit4TestAdapterCache is still there
(and biojava code does not call it).
Looks like the noclassdeffounderror hides the name of the class it is
looking for.

Any idea what's going on  or how I could debug this?

I think I just fixed something similar in commons-compress; could you check that you have ant-junit4.jar on your classpath for ant? without this the ant junit task appears to struggle detect JUnit4 test stuff.

Cheers

James

--
James Page