Re: RFS: maven-shared-utils 0.4-1 (new)

Hi Jakub,

I see this in debian/rules:

  # remove JARed javadoc, we already have unpacked version in /usr/share/doc
  rm -rf debian/libmaven-shared-utils-java-doc/usr/share/maven-repo

I agree with the removal but not for the same reason. The purpose of the
javadoc jar in the Maven repository is to be able to browse the code
easily from an IDE. Providing it in /usr/share/doc doesn't bring the
same feature.

However, I don't think a sane IDE setup should use the jars and the
javadoc from the Maven repository in /usr/share/maven-repo. This
repository is really there to help building the packages, not for
everyday use in an IDE.

So I'd argue that we change the Maven helper to no longer generate and
install the -javadoc.jar in /usr/share/maven-repo.

Emmanuel Bourg