Re: RFS: androidsdk-tools 22+git20130416~f55ffbb-1 (new)

Hi,

On 2.6.2013 11:46, Paul Wise wrote:
Is this different to the android-tools source package?

SDK Tools is a set of GUI applications written in Java that aid in Android
application development, e.g. DDMS and Hierarchy Viewer to name the probably
most prominent.

Should there be some co-ordination between the two?

The only common part I see is that SDK Tools use android-tools-adb for low-level
communication with the devices, however the development of adb and SDK Tools is
pretty much independent -- hence the different source package under pkg-java team.

If an update of adb is required for some future SDK Tools release, I'll let know
by filling a bug ticket against android-tools-adb. Apart from that, I presume
no closer coordination of the two packages is required.

Regards,

Jakub

http://developer.android.com/tools/debugging/ddms.html
http://developer.android.com/tools/debugging/debugging-ui.html