Re: GSoC project "OpenJDK and Debian" accepted

On 28/05/2013 10:45, Matthias Klose wrote:
> Am 28.05.2013 06:21, schrieb Andreas Kuckartz:
>> The GSoC proposal "OpenJDK and Debian" was accepted:
>> https://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/project/google/gsoc2013/shuxiong/29001
>>
>> More details:
>> http://wiki.debian.org/SummerOfCode2013/StudentApplications/ShuxiongYe
>>
>> Congratulations to the student, the mentor and Debian!
>
> would be nice to know who is mentoring this project.
I am and I was planning to communicate on this project if/once it was
accepted.

Since most (all) of the work has been already done, the work will be:
* apply the patches to the VCS
* ping DD (mostly me) to do the team upload/NMU
* launch a full rebuild with AWS to check it is OK
* fix the remaining bugs

After that, which should not take very long, I have several things in mind:
* Draft of the packaging of openjdk 8 (of course, this would be done in
coordination with you)
  - Rebuild of the archive with it
  - Report bugs upstream (OpenJDK)
  - Fix issues in the packages
* If there is any, try to perform some "hardening" flags during the
compilation
* Run some static Java analyzers (related to the work done on scan-build
and coccinelle) on the Java base code.

Sylvestre