Re: java.library.path should include /usr/local/lib

Hi Thomas,

2013/5/27 Thomas Koch <thomas.koch@data-migration.ch>
apparently, the search path for native libraries in OpenJDK on Debian (system property java.library.path) does not include /usr/local/lib. I think it should.

Starting my java app with LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib "solved" the problem.
Should I fill a bug against openjdk?

Handling of java.library.path system property, which is used for System.loadLibrary call, is currently a real PITA in OpenJDK...

For Debian, Matthias [1] already modified default search path to include :
- our policy supported path /usr/lib/jni
- new multi-arch directory in /usr and /lib

One important thing to keep in mind : It's not a Debian specific issue and so any patch have to be discussed upstream. If we fail to do so, Java applications working with Debian-patched-OpenJDK will then fail with default Oracle-JDK binary which won't help our users/developpers...

I think you can submit a bug so we can track this issue.

[1] http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/jdk6-dev/2011-March/002361.html

Damien