Contributing - Where to start

Hi!

I'm sorry to bring up this subject to the list, but I'm really interested on helping Debian developers with Java related matters. I'm not a professional and I'm still learning, however, everybody starts somewhere, and I want to do it here.

I've already read a lot of tutorials and articles on the internet, but none of them told me where a "newbie" could start contributing to the distribution, specially with Java.

I really would appreciate some help on how things work at Java development here. Where could I start?

Felipe