Re: Cannot build Commons Configuration

On 2013-03-19 15:22, Emmanuel Bourg wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to update the Commons Configuration but the build fails and I
> don't understand why. Maven complains about a missing dependency
> (commons-jexl) but libcommons-jexl-java is already installed. Did I miss
> something?
>
> Emmanuel Bourg
>

> [...]
> [INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.
>
> Missing:
> ----------
> 1) org.apache.commons:commons-jexl:jar:debian
>
>   Try downloading the file manually from the project website.
>
>   Then, install it using the command:
>       mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.apache.commons -DartifactId=commons-jexl -Dversion=debian -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file
>
>   Alternatively, if you host your own repository you can deploy the file there:
>       mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=org.apache.commons -DartifactId=commons-jexl -Dversion=debian -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file -Durl=[url] -DrepositoryId=[id]
>
>   Path to dependency:
>         1) commons-configuration:commons-configuration:jar:1.9
>         2) org.apache.commons:commons-jexl:jar:debian
>
> ----------
> 1 required artifact is missing.

So, I never took time to understand what all of that maven-stuff means,
but if

"""org.apache.commons:commons-jexl:jar:debian"""

is "<groupId>:<artifactId>:<version>", then that is probably the issue
because the commons-jexl pom appears to have:

"""
	<groupId>commons-jexl</groupId>
	<artifactId>commons-jexl</artifactId>
	<version>debian</version>
"""

If thats not it, then I don't know - sorry,

~Niels